I thought that I would share information about the plans to honor Dayton Police Detective Jorge Del Rio, who died in the line of duty last week.
The viewing is taking place this afternoon (Monday, November 11th ) from 4- 9 p.m. at the University of Dayton Arena.
The Funeral service is from 12 Noon – 2 p.m. at the University of Dayton Arena on Tuesday, November 12, 2019. After Detective Del Rio’s Memorial Service there will be a processional with Police vehicles only. Here is the route from the Dayton Police Department:
From University of Dayton Arena, northbound on S. Edwin C Moses to W. Third Street
* Eastbound on W. Third Street to Webster Street
* Northbound on Webster Street to E. Monument Street
* Eastbound on E. Monument Street to N. Keowee Street
* Southbound on N. Keowee Street to E. Fifth Street
* Westbound on E. Fifth Street to Wayne Avenue
* Southbound on Wayne Avenue to Wyoming Street
* Westbound on Wyoming Street to Brown Street
* Southbound on Brown Street/Oakwood Avenue to Far Hills Avenue (Route 48)
* Southbound onto Far Hills Avenue (Route 48)
* Far Hills Avenue (Route 48) to Rahn Road where the procession will conclude.
Click here for more information from our partners at WDTN TV2.