In the wake of recent tragedy in Dayton's Oregon District, several community partners have come together to presentGem City Shine, an Oregon District Benefit Concert and Community Event, hosted by Dave Chappelle, on Sunday, August 25, from 4 to 10 p.m.Following are some key details and general information:
- The event is free, but a ticket is required for admission. Patrons must register via Verified Fan on Ticketmaster by 11:59 p.m. TONIGHT, August 21, to receive a code later this week to secure up to two free tickets.
- Register at: https://verifiedfan.ticketmaster.com/davechappelledayton
- Tickets to this event are restricted to residents of Dayton, Ohio, and surrounding areas.
- The event will honor the lives lost and reclaim the community's favorite places to shop, dine, and enjoy time with family and friends.
- There will be several ways for attendees to contribute to both The Dayton Foundation's Oregon District Tragedy Fund and the Oregon District Business Association.
- Local and national entertainment will be featured on a main stage located near Fifth Street and Wayne Avenue, with performances throughout the late afternoon and evening.
- Event guests are encouraged to shop at Oregon District stores and dine at the many restaurants and pubs. Additional food vendors and beer trucks will be on site. The food pavilion and family entertainment area will be in the parking lot adjacent to Omega Music on the east side of the District. Beer trucks, soda/water stations, T-shirt stations, and donation stations will be located at several places throughout the District.
- This is a weapon-free event; security stations with metal detectors will be set up at each gate. Attendees should plan for extra time to check in. Please do not bring large purses, backpacks, or other large bags.
- Free parking is available at the University of Dayton Arena lots A, B, and C, with complimentary shuttles provided by the Greater Dayton RTA.
- No professional cameras allowed except for credentialed media. For the enjoyment of all audience members, Dave Chappelle encourages attendees to "live in the moment" and enjoy the experience rather than record via cellphone.
Gem City Shine is organized and hosted by the Oregon District Business Association, the Downtown Dayton Partnership, the City of Dayton, the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, Dayton Police Department, the Dayton-Montgomery County Convention & Visitors Bureau, The Dayton Foundation, Greater Dayton RTA, and numerous other partners and donors.